Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Synology NAS
Hello,
I want to use a Synology NAS with Vimalin.
Synology and macOS versions are up to date.
I am able to mount the shared Home folder on the Mac, can create and delete files manually in this folder (from my Mac), Vimalin writes there a new backup folder – but it isn't possible to define in Vimalin a Default Target. I can check the box, but it gets forgotten after leaving the settings window (please define a target first).
Deinstalled Vimalin with your uninstaller and reinstalling with your installer didn't help.
Hi,

Hmm.. that should work.

Can you create a support bundle please?
You can find the option for that in the Help menu, option 'Create Support Bundle'.
Then email me the bundle and I will have a look to see what is causing this and try to reproduce.

thanks,
Wil
Update:

Received the support bundle this week and managed to track it down to a parsing bug and fixed it.
renglm has reported that it addressed his problem. This fix will be part of a future update.
Do you have an idea when this fix will be released? I am new to Vimalim, and Synology NAS Directories do not appear in the Back-up Targets list. Are there specific Synology NAS settings required for the folders to appear in the Back-up Targets list? All Synology NAS folders appear and are fully operational in Finder.
Hi,

Then I think you are having another issue, as the folders did appear for rengim, he was unable to select them, so it is most likely another issue.

I'll ask you to do the same thing. Please email me the support bundle to support @ vimalin.com
You can create a support bundle via the menu: Help -> Create Support bundle.

thanks!
wila Wrote:Update:

Received the support bundle this week and managed to track it down to a parsing bug and fixed it.
renglm has reported that it addressed his problem. This fix will be part of a future update.

Yes – worked very well – thank you for your great support!