Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copying configuration to new computer
I have Vimalin running on two different PCs, both licensed. I would like to copy the configuration from one PC to the other so that I do not have to recreate the backups and schedule. Is this possible?
Hi,

Officially.. no, there is no such feature at the moment.
Having said that, I think the following will work for copying the schedules over:

From the VM that has the schedules already go to folder: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Vimalin\Config
Where <user> is the username that is logged in.

The locate the file: schedules.ini and copy that to the other PC, same location (C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Vimalin\Config) but obviously with the <user> of that other PC.
Make sure the Vimalin program is not running (the user interface I mean, it is OK if the background process is running)

There's more files in that folder, but I do not recommend copying them as:
- they are open
- have other effects such as that you overwrite the database with a copy of the other machine and that will have some side effects.
- they depend on each other having certain values in there.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil
Thank you. Your solution worked! The only change is that the "schedules" file that needed to be replaced was not in the User directory of the account that I was logged in as(domain\administrator), but instead in the User directory of the account that I was logged in as(administrator pre-domain join) when I created the schedule.