Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Antview ocx manifest file that will work for reg free Com in VB6
I have tried and tried to get a working manifest file so i can use the antview OCX inside vb6 without registering the ocx. 
I have found some examples for older versions but they are not working for me I need it for 1.1.316.0 (or current) Has anyone gotten reg free com to work with a current ver of antview? 

Thank you in advance for any help
Hi,

The question came also in by email and I have replied there in more details, including an adjusted .manifest file that had a bunch of lines removed that are not needed.

Officially we only support the traditional registration of our ActiveX control, so the registration that you see with the regsvr32 command.
The reason is that the manifest file might need changes after an update of the control.
This means that we don’t test with “reg free” com and in case of issues we might ask you to change the registration to use traditional registration.

Having said all that.. it should work.
In fact, the version of the manifest file that was send by email worked fine after updating the version numbers to 1.1.330.
A few things to keep in mind are:
- Put the .ocx in the same folder as your application's binary
- Put the .manifest file(s) in this same folder as well
- Put the webview2loader.dll in this folder as well (careful with win32/win64 bitness, there are two identically named versions of this dll)

That's pretty much it.

Attached are the .manifest files I used for testing with release 1.1.330

The Demo.exe-without.manifest file is the original manifest file of the binary that was used to test with which would be used in case of using the regsvr32 way of registering the control.
--
Wil

Attached Files
.zip   manifest-demo.zip (Size: 2.33 KB / Downloads: 4)