Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnPermissionRequested from Powerbuilder
Very many thanks for the quick reply, Wil.

I tried again using https://www.weerplaza.nl with the web browser demo and I get similar results. The website loads up fine and at first I can click on links as normal. But as soon as I go to the "Zoek voor Plaats of Postcode" box and click on the "Bepaal met GPS" link, the same thing happens. Links no longer work and typing a new URL into the address bar and clicking "Go" does nothing.

I'd already uninstalled and reinstalled the ActiveX object to get the new events. Within the event, I've tried some code to display the received parameters, a line of code to just beep when the event is fired, and also the simplest possible code to try to return a valid result (ie just "state = 0" and "state = 1"). Nothing seems to change the behaviour of the application. If I set a breakpoint within the code on that line, it doesn't get hit.

Incidentally, I've tried this on two separate machines, one running the latest version of Powerbuilder (Version 2021, build 1506) and one running a slightly earlier version (Version 2019 R2, build 2353). Both display the same behaviour.

I've also tried building the application into an executable, in case it was something to do with running in the development environment, but that made no difference.

Hope this additional info helps with your debugging.

Many thanks again for the help with this.

Kind regards,
David

Messages In This Thread
RE: OnPermissionRequested from Powerbuilder - by DavidS - 2022-06-09, 13:06:38