Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vimarun fails to start Workstation or VM when WOL is used
Hi Folks:

I have been evaluating Vimarun for a few days and had one issue resolved by setting the service to Delayed Start, however I have been testing it with the Wake on Lan feature which does start the computer after it is powered off, but then Vimarun fails to start VMware workstation or the VM I have selected for auto start in Vimarun.

I have tried the following sequences:

1) Manually start VMware workstation then power up VM; do a "reboot" command to windows on the Host system; 

Windows shuts down, the system does the normal motherboard post and restarts Windows and Vimarun starts VMware workstation and restores
                      the VM that was powered on;

2) Manually power off the running VM and then close VMware workstation; do a "reboot" command to windows on the Host system;

Everything works the same as in test (1) above;

3) Manually start VMware workstation then power up VM; do a system shutdown -i.e. windows power off command on the host system;

Powering on the system by hitting the start button on the system or using the WOL feature of the network card results in the system
                       doing the normal motherboard post and restarts windows on the host system - however Vimarun fails to start VMware workstation and
                        restore the VM;

I have attached the log files from Programdata/vimarun/systemlogs below
.txt   VimarunLauncher.txt (Size: 12.52 KB / Downloads: 1)
.txt   VimarunService.txt (Size: 30.99 KB / Downloads: 1)       

Just wondering if anyone has run into this and whether they can suggest a solution.

Best regards, Dave Melnyk

Messages In This Thread
Vimarun fails to start Workstation or VM when WOL is used - by dmelnyk - 2022-02-01, 20:42:17