Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Vimlan Backup - Player 15.5 on Windows 7
Hi Wil

Thanks for the info:

1 & 6) Ok, so the best option for me then is to ensure I add a target which behaves as root for the program by mapping a drive via "net use" or the "subst" commands. Since on some machines you might not have permissions to directly work with the root directory.
2) At the moment I am zipping the 001/2/3 directories via a script before copying them to a 200Gb Google Drive sync directory - Lets see how well that holds up. Thanks.
3) Love the script idea, for now I am using the Task Manager to run the script above, but it would be nice to have directly in Vimalin so that it would run on success only (for now the task manager script runs whether success or failure of the backup)
4) I think I traced that to a weird permissions issue, started seeing that Vimalin wasn't able to create snapshots, so used the vmrun command directly. Not sure why but if I start the VM from a desktop shortcut the permission for Administrator weren't applied to the VM even though set to run as Administrator. If I use Vimarun to start the VM then had no problem.
5) Thanks, I was only looking in the Program directory for config files. This came in handy when I moved the VMWare Player directory while running additional tests.

Now will wait out the week and see how it goes.

Regards
Kevin

Messages In This Thread