Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vimalin with older VMWare Player versions
@Wil - Sorry, but I ended up writing an entire cmd script and Task Scheduler items to do what I needed, including the logging, zip, offsite sync, and email of success/failures. This is NO fault of your programs, which are great, but I just had to get around the vmrun/vix problems in Player. I will happily keep my eye on these products as they might definitely benefit future installations. Workstation versions seem to work flawlessly, but I don't legally have a commercial licence to use this in my production environments. My clients have paid for Player where ness, so we need to continue using that. All NPO stuff... So although we won't end up using your product I would like to say that this is brilliant work, and a superb tool. Through all my testing your Vimalin program and Vimarun Program did their job excellently and without failure. I will still keep my eyes on this product as my scripts cannot do "online" backups yet (I have to suspend before backup), so am eagerly awaiting new developments with VMWare Player. Although I will not purchase the products I feel you deserve something for the guidelines you have provided with your software: Please PM/Email me some contact info for me to donate at least the value of the Vimarun program (USD15), you deserve it for your responses and information provided.

Messages In This Thread