Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnPermissionRequested from Powerbuilder
I've been happily using AntView version 1.0.111-2 with Powerbuilder for a project and it's been working absolutely perfectly.

I recently tried using it for a second project which accesses a different website. Everything worked fine, except I kept getting messageboxes pop up from the website requesting permission to access generic sensors. It didn't matter whether I clicked allow or deny, once I'd got rid of the messagebox, everything worked fine and the website functioned as normal. However, I wanted to automate the process, so I needed a way to automatically deal with these permission requests.

I noticed the newer version 1.1.174 of AntView has a new event OnPermissionRequested, which I thought I could use to trap and handle these events, so I installed the newer version.

Unfortunately, this event doesn't appear to fire. On accessing the website, instead of getting any permission messageboxes at all, the website seems to sort of hang. Although some basic functionality on the website works, none of the links work and any further navigate commands don't work.

Going back to basics, I tried accessing the website from the example Web Browser Demo application, with the same result - you can access the website, but then none of the links work and you can't navigate to another web page.

The website is https://www.ft.com

Is there something stupid I'm doing wrong? Is there perhaps a flag to enable the OnPermissionRequested event that I have to set?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
David

Messages In This Thread
OnPermissionRequested from Powerbuilder - by DavidS - 2022-06-09, 09:40:40