Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deployment Foxpro application
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your question.

Quote:however when I launch a formhat has the antview control on it I get the message cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\AntView\Win32.ocx.

The control itself does not have an error like that, at least we never put one in. Also not sure how it could tell that it can't find itself if it was not found in the first place.
This makes me think that the error comes from the FoxPro runtime.

That by itself means that at one time the control was registered at that particular location. This normally only happens if someone has run the Developer install that you can download from the antview.dev website.

Putting the control in a common folder is fine, but you have to register it in that location (from an elevated command prompt run the regsvr32 command from that folder location as: "regsvr32 -i AntView.ocx".
Optionally you can add the path.

Another way to diagnose this issue is to grab the "RegisterAssistant.exe" binary from a AntView 2.0 install at the Win32 folder (released earlier this week). The RegisterAssistant application shows both AntView 1.1 as well as AntView 2.0.
If you put that application in the Common folder than you can use that to register the AntView.ocx in that folder.
The application has no dependencies.

It also shows if the AntView control is registered and from at what path it is registered. It does this by instantiating the control via late binding and then returning the version number. As that loads the dll/ocx we can then simply check from what path it was loaded. That information is then returned in the application.

Hope this helps,
--
Wil

Messages In This Thread
RE: Deployment Foxpro application - by wila - 2024-09-27, 15:35:35
RE: Deployment Foxpro application - by wila - 2024-09-30, 13:04:46